- Peter Peerdeman
Due to the lack of configurability of the angular $resource I decided to replace it with restangular, a highly configurable alternative for REST consuming from an angular application.
My main reasons to switch were:
- $resource doesn't handle sub resources
- $resource requires full url in each object
- $resource doesn't support all REST methods
- Restangular creates reusable base objects that can be used multiple times for retrieving, posting and digging deeper into the url.
- Restangular allows you to preconfigure all REST calls, for instance wrapping or unwrapping requests and prefixing the url with customizable variables.
I really hope that the extra features and configurability of Restangular get replicated / merged into Angulars resource library!